Thursday, 22 August 2013

.. and now for something very different...

.. so as the dust settles, my sanity remains (mostly) intact and I find myself on the edge of another exciting project, the likes of which I never thought I would get into but.. it's about time I did something fresh and very challenging so here we go......

I now have in the barn a large pile of bits, most of which are quite alien to me and I'm in the process of educating myself on pre and just post-war cars, mostly Ford parts..  To cut a long story short and how it came about (blah, blah, blah) I now own what I hope will be a 1947 Allard.  I'm going to leave it there for now as it doesn't really have a name/model, identifiable 'Ford Mondeo' title... It's a 'Special' .. certainly will be if I can pull this off!!. It's based upon one of 12 cars 'J' cars and were the pre-cursor to the more famous J2X cars.

 This is a one off Baldwin/Payne special which kinda looks like the Allard I'd liketo create. So far I have most of the bits in one form or another, the jigsaw is putting it all together and making it look really good.. This is what I currently have... 


Over the next couple of months I'm going to have a crack at front and rear axle assembly and the hope to mount up a chassis and get a rolling chassis together asap... more pics to follows as this unfolds...


No comments:

Post a Comment