Sunday, 13 April 2014

Engine & Chassis get married xxx


.... so having picked the block up in the back of Truckasaurus ( I knew I'd built a long wheel base landrover for sooo many reasons )  I had a wild weekend trial fitting the engine into the chassis...


 The Engine sat in the chassis perfectly .. I dropped the bulkhead and bonnet on along with the upright water pipes to get an idea of clearance between pipes and bonnet... 


I'll have to move the radiator back and drop it some to fit properly. This will however give me clearance to remodel and slope back the front body nosecone...


With the engine in, I hung the gearbox and rear prop shaft in to finally get my rear axle position set..


It also allowed me to pick up the two rear mounts from the gear box... With the weight of the engine and gearbox in, I could bolt up all the final suspension components.. shackles, leaf springs, dampers and bounce up and down on the chassis!!!... Yup she's settling down and I can really start to see how the cars ride height will be..

No comments:

Post a Comment