Monday, 18 May 2015

Barn Pacing and getting shocked!

... been another interesting month in the barn as I continue to develop my relationship with the car... (no I'm not getting auto-married or anything modern like that) ... I had a big push on the primary circuit electrics and got well over excited at getting my wiring diagrams correct ....


with the dash in, clocks in and loom in place, the engine now turns over on the push button starter!! I did get a bit excited when it worked first go : )


Pic of the loom coming through the bulkhead and senders for water temp and oil pressure.. 

Whilst I wait for a fuel pump to arrive from the U.S. I'v been looking at what lamps, lights and lenses I have to hook up the front and back assemblies. The first job was to get those whopping front lights mounted somehow and in the right place...


... this wasn't right, too high and too close to the nose cone... also just not right ...



When doing something like this, there are no plans, no measurements, nothing to copy... just a few pics I've collected of 'things that look good' ... and it needs to look good... after much barn pacing and tea drinking I made a mock up frame to mount one of the light bowls on .... and had an idea..


A rod will run between the from dumb irons which the licence plat will mount onto, having clamped my mock-up lamp post to the chassis, why not weld the lamp posts to the same rail, make it detachable such that come race day, disconnect the electrics, take of both lamps and licence plate in one go!...... 





More soon as we move towards fuelling and fire up for real!!